Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm sorry


 While I am apologizing to the world for what religion has done to them and made them believe it's Jesus, I refuse to say what they're doing is OK. don't get me wrong, I love these people. But I cannot bear to approve. It just kinda flowed. This is my heart. I want to see hearts healed, lives healed and redeemed. This is what I want to see in my generation and generations past and generations to come.

I'm sorry
So sorry
I judged you according to the laws

I'm sorry
So sorry
That I showed judgement
and not Jesus' love

I'm sorry
So sorry
That I ruined the knowledge 
Of His love for you

I'm sorry
So Sorry
That I mocked
Instead of loved
That I spat on you
Instead of giving you the hug
You needed
Because you planned to kill yourself
That very night


I'm sorry 
So sorry
I should have been there for you
Instead I turned my back


What was I thinking?
That the Christians needed salvation?
Why was I so blind?
Not to see the hurt
The agonizing hurt
That bled from your arms

What was I thinking?
Condemning
When your best friend
Just got killed
Saying that it's God's judgment
Oh, God forgive me
For dashing my ink black
Condemnation
on your head


I fall to my knees
Tears pouring 
Messing up my 
Perfectly made facade
Arms wrapped around me
Lifting me up from my sorrow
Burdens lifted off of me
Freeing me of my sin
My perfect sin









No comments:

Post a Comment