Friday, April 30, 2010

Everything

One of my absolute favorite songs is "Everything" by Lifehouse. People say "oh Jesus is my first priority." As my friend, Mallory, would say, I don't want Jesus to be my first priority. I want Him to be my EVERYTHING. So here we go. Flying by the seat of my pants here:)

I'm giving up everything
So that You can become
My Everything

Curse my pride
That keeps me from You
Curse my arrogance
That makes me think
I am all that

Curse this unbelief 
That threatens to 
Strangle me here
Curse my human thinking
That makes me believe
You can't do it
Curse satan
he who gets inside of my head
And messes with my heart

But most of all
Curse the religion
That makes it all an act
When I should be on my knees
facedown
In awe of your glory

Burn me
Consume me
Mold me into 
A person with Your heart
embedded in my very being. 

Be my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment